Monday, March 3, 2008

First Day

Today was my first day back at work. Well, actually, I sat through orientation. Leaving Deren at day care was also a first. And it was hard. I missed him so much. I missed Eric and Devin, too, but it was different with Deren because I've been with him pretty much 24/7 since he was born. It was very strange... But I'm proud of myself: I didn't cry. Kudos to me! The teachers said that Deren had a very good first day. He talked alot, drank all of his bottles and read a book. I know he's in good hands, and that's what makes it easier for me. I'll be working this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. (ccf)

3 comments:

Tina Boothe said...

Hi Cyndy -

Congrats on your first day back. I know it was hard and it seems like just yesterday that I had to leave Audrey behind. I cried the whole 2 weeks leading up to it and then the morning that I dropped her off I saw a Mockingbird in a tree in the yard and I got the comfort I needed. Sounds strange but when my Mom passed away 12 yrs ago she had told me in high school that she picked her plot because of the Mesquite tree and the Mockingbirds in the trees and this would symbolize her when I visited her grave. So when I saw that bird that morning I knew she was watching over Audrey - just as I know God is over Deren and maybe my Mom too! Take care ... Tina Boothe

The Sasser Family said...

Yay for the first day of work! Hope it went good. I'm sure you were bored out of your mind in orientation : ) I know I was!!!!! Glad Deren enjoyed daycare. Kevin is ready to start so he and Deren can play together. Our "in take" meeting is next week. Talk to you soon.

Jenny Chapman said...

I can relate to how hard it is to leave the little ones! You did much better than me...I still cry! Hope it continues to go smoothly.